The Advanced TEP ( A-TEP v1.0 )
created on 09-19-97 - JLN Labs - last update on 01-08-03
Toutes les informations et schémas sont publiés gratuitement ( freeware ) et sont destinés à un usage personnel et non commercial
All informations and diagrams are published freely (freeware) and are intended for a private use and a non commercial use.
The A-TEP v1.0 design :
TEP Bifilar coil construction :
The Bifilar coil ( L1,L2) is the main component of this oscillator and must be perfectly constructed :
1) Take a 200 mm length (20 mm diam) cardboard tube and 2 x
11.5 m of 5/10 magnetic wire (AWG 24).
2) Drill a small hole at each side of the tube for the wire, the distance between the holes must be 190 mm.
3) Wind the two L1,L2 coils at the same time, as shown below. You may glue the winding with cyanoacrylate.
4) Insulate properly an 125 mm wide area in the middle of the bifilar.
5) Wind the feedback coil L3 with a 5/10 mm magnetic wire with 250 turns.
7) Put a dot (the hot side) on one side of the bifilar to identify the polarity.
8) Check the bifilar coil with a signal pulse (square) generator.
A-TEP tests results :
All the mesurements have been done with a fully ungrounded and battery powered digital oscilloscope Fluke 123.
Additionals documents :
Return to the TEP Project